If you’re looking for ways to conserve water in your home, then it might be even easier than you thought! In today’s blog post, we’d like to share with you some ways that you can conserve water in your home. Whether you want to save water for the planet, or you want to save money on your energy bill, these tips will help you to save water!
- Check for leaks. Leaks can cost you. Not only are you paying for the water, but you don’t even get to use it! Make sure to check regularly for leaks in your home, and if you have any, go ahead and get them fixed!
- Insulate your pipes. Do you ever run the water for a bit to wait for it to get hot? Insulating your pipes can help you get hot water faster, thus preventing the unnecessary time of warming up the water.
- Keep cold water in the fridge. On a similar note, you don’t want to waste running water while you wait for the water to cool when you want a drink. Keep a pitcher of cool drinking water in the fridge.
- Don’t take long showers. Some people really enjoy spending a lot of time in the shower, but do you know how much water that uses? Even a four-minute shower uses up to 40 gallons of water! Imagine if you are taking a twenty minute or longer shower! If you lose track of time in the shower, consider using a timer.
- Don’t use the toilet as a trash can. Some people use their toilet as a wastebasket by throwing away debris, hair, or other small objects in the toilet and flushing them away. However, this uses a lot of water to simply throw things away.
- Water your yard at the right time. If you water your garden/yard at the right time, then it will be more effective and efficient. Watering early in the morning is best. Also, avoid watering when it’s windy outside.
- Scrape dishes instead of rinse them. Many people get in the habit of rinsing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. If you scrape your plates well, then most dishwashers can typically handle the rest.
- Don’t run the water unnecessarily. This sounds simple, but we forget this advice from time to time. Don’t just run water while you’re brushing your teeth or shaving. This is an easy way to save a little bit of water every day if you can remember to do it!
What do you think? Do you have other tips? How do you conserve water in your home? Comment on here with your thoughts! Follow us on Facebook for more tips about saving water!
Water Use It Wisely
Live Water Saving